Become a Teacher at TASIS Portugal
We welcome your interest in becoming a TASIS Portugal teacher! However, PLEASE DO NOT TREAT THIS AS A ROUTINE JOB APPLICATION; APPLY ONLY AFTER CAREFULLY CONSIDERING THE FOLLOWING:
No candidate should apply who is not willing and able
- To support unreservedly the aims and philosophy of the school as stated in the TASIS Mission and Paideia Statements;
- To take direction from the school's leaders;
- To accept that the school exists for the benefit and growth of its students, whose needs come first;
- To model the highest standards of moral and professional conduct both at work and in the local community;
- To accept that work will sometimes require unusual hours, travel with students or to other TASIS schools, and an extended work commitment as long as school is in session;
- To share their practices and be a contributing member of TASIS’ professional learning communities.
Successful candidates will
- Be fairly compensated for their work;
- Be committed to their own professional growth and receive regular professional growth opportunities within the school day;
- Be held accountable, rewarded for outstanding work, and receive annual written performance appraisals;
- Join a team of united, collegial, and supportive professionals.