In 2020, Headmaster Keith Chicquen held a series of informal online chats for our community and prospective families. In these recorded sessions, you can hear about our teachers, programs, curriculum, and more. Many episodes feature members of our faculty, leadership team, and board of directors.
- April 2: Welcome from Headmaster Keith Chicquen
- April 9: Meet Erica Herro, Director of Learning and Assessment
- April 16: Meet our Grade 1 team, Erin Searles and Heather Brooks
- April 23: Meet upper elementary/middle school teachers John Iglar and Isabella Boutros
- April 30: Meet Grades 4-7 social studies and English teacher Bill Brooks and Portuguese teacher Sérgio Franclim
- May 7: Meet the TASIS Portugal Chairman of the Board Fernando González!
- May 14: Meet Gina Anderson, Core Knowledge specialist, and Zoe Zarrabi, Singapore Math Coordinator
- May 21: Artists & Athletes! Meet our arts and athletics specialist teachers! Alfredo Silva and Ines Villas (phys ed), and Luis Saraiva (music and theater)
- May 28: What About Remote? Our Plan for Distance Learning. Keith is joined by Director of Learning and Assessment Erica Herro, Director of Studies Andrea Balazs and teacher Bill Brooks to discuss our plan for e-learning if necessary. See the presentation that was given here.
- June 4: Meet our Early Learning Center Team! Keith welcomes Director Kerry Trigg and teachers Bethan Thomas and Nadia Moutinho
- June 18: Meet David V. Hicks, Vice Chairman of the TASIS Portugal Board of Directors
- June 25: Meet Some of Our Teachers! Keith is joined by Grade 1 teachers Carry Chapman and Naomi France
- January 28: Our Culture and Support: Jaclyn Pata Smith, Director of Student Support and Counseling, on creating a supportive school culture and her positive approach to student discipline.
- February 4: The Early Learning Center: Kerry Trigg, director of the Early Learning Center, Dean Owen, Kindergarten teacher, and Marta Amaral, Pre-Kindergarten teacher
- February 11: The TASIS Portugal Parent Association: Representatives from our TPA, including TPA president Juca Schweitzer, talk about TASIS Portugal's partnership with parents and the TASIS Portugal Parent Association.
- February 25: Middle School Curriculum: Erica Herro (director of learning and assessment), Bill Brooks (global perspectives & English teacher, middle school coordinator, and summer programs coordinator), and Isabella Boutros (science teacher for grades 4-7), discuss elementary and middle school curricula and assessment.
- March 11: Catarina Frias and Natalia Lopez (violin teachers), Helen Iglar (chess teacher), and John Iglar (robotics and coding teacher), discuss the unique lessons that make TASIS Portugal's elementary school program so special.
- April 15: Learn all about our Middle School and what it's like to be a TASIS Portugal student, from our "Elder Knights" - four founding students who present their firsthand views on what it's like to go to TASIS Portugal.